Thunderbird

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

janb

Please can someone tell me how to use thunderbird? I keep getting can't get connected to the server.

Yours

janb:(

It's easy to use but I bet your firewall is blocking it and you have to give Thunderbird rights to get online.

Hello Janet.

It's unlikely you'll know how to do the above. :)

I will sort Thunderbird for you next time I see you. Are you wanting to use it instead of "Outlook Express"? You don't really need another email program, using web mail and Safe-mail, as you do, but if you want yet another mail program I'll show you how to set it up. Ring me to say when I can call in.

See you soon.

Penny

janb

Thank you Hewee, I havae plenty of time to set it up, I want to use it instead of Outlook Express.:)

hewee said:
It's easy to use but I bet your firewall is blocking it and you have to give Thunderbird rights to get online.

janb

Dear Penny,

I will have to see when you can come round, maybe when I have my get to-gether I need to be out by 2.45, and I have to have my lunch as well. I want it in stead of Outlook express. I heard it is safe, my brother uses it. I want it for virgin.

Yours

Janet:)
Tuppence2 said:
Hello Janet.

It's unlikely you'll know how to do the above. :)

I will sort Thunderbird for you next time I see you. Are you wanting to use it instead of "Outlook Express"? You don't really need another email program, using web mail and Safe-mail, as you do, but if you want yet another mail program I'll show you how to set it up. Ring me to say when I can call in.

See you soon.

Penny

janb

Dear Skinnywhiteboy

Thank you for that.

Yours

janb

skinnywhiteboy said:
Have you checked your server settings to verify that they are correct?

OK, Janet. I'll call in after my hospital appointment in Bath on Thursday. I'll come off the bus straight to your house. I could never get "Thunderbird" to work properly with XP, but we'll have a go.

Bye :)

Wave, Wave, hewee. Hope you are doing well. :)

Thanks, Dave. Yes, I thought it would, but I just couldn't get my XP system to work with it - gave it up in the end as it wasn't important to me to have that exact program. I'll set it up on Janet's computer and be back if there are any problems. :)

Penny

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online