1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Thunderbolt 3 pcie card for H.P. PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Blevins, Jul 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blevins

Blevins Thread Starter

I have a H.P. low profile desktop serial # mxl521ll4. It has windows 10 Intel i74790 @3.60ghz 16GB of ram 64bit operating system and 256ssd. I saw H.P. makes a Thunderbolt 3 pcie card model# 3UU05AA. That will add 2 tb 3 ports to your pc.I have 2 pcie slots available and a 16 lane also. I want to add Thunderbolt 3 ports to my computer because of their speed and next to zero audio latency. I need this for recording music and running virtual instruments. Will this card work and if not is it possible to add thunderbolt 3 technology to my computer. Trying to find the best and cheapest route to go. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    If you have the required slots available, it should work. The only problem I see is the low profile case. Ensure whatever you select fits low profile cases. Sometimes it will be a different card model, other times they supply a second backing plate and you simply swap the normal plate for the low profile plate.

Blevins likes this.
  3. Blevins

Blevins Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply Oddba11. I've heard different things about it. Watched a video about it. The guy said your motherboard has to be compatible. The card he was installing had a pin connector cord on it and he said you have to have a certain plug on your board to connect it to. But the H.P. card I saw didn't have one. Also heard you have to download different drivers. Everyone I've seen try to do this has had problems. So that's why I've been questioning it. Hate to drop $300 on it and it not work. But..If they make it I'm sure it does work. Just want to no the right way of doing it for sure..last thing I need to do is fry something. lol

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1229644

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice