1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ti4200 freezing games

Discussion in 'Games' started by goondog, Jan 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goondog

goondog Thread Starter

with ti4200 freezing (01-27-2004 06:12 PM) report / quote / edit (#1)

newbie here.
    anyone please advise:
    i have a dell 4550 p4 2.4 (845i), 512 ddr sdram, 80gb drive, 64mb ti4200 4x card, dx9b, xp pro.
    ive recently began gaming again and titles like halo are completelly unplayable. so i started sof2 which i thought was less demanding and cant even play it at 640x480? i get freeze ups in play (ie sound and movement continue while i have no control.)
    i tried using 45.23 drivers but now am back with 53.03 drivers without any change.should i go back to 45.23?
    i removed any spyware, tried speedfan.
    any thoughts? is my card that bad, does it need to be tweaked?
    device manager shows no conflicts. dxdiag says no problem but when i try to test d3d, it starts to but then stops stating that i touched a key and cancelled the test!?
    is there a program i can run to check the system?
    do i need to think about a new ati card instead?
    any advice would help at this point.
    thanks in advance

2. brianF

brianF

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/198575

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice