Time changing for no reason

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

15Peter20

Sometimes when I leave my laptop unattended for days at a time, I get back to find the clock is two hours behind where I set it to. Is there a good explanation for this or might it be evidence that I've been hacked or something?

I wonder if the CMOS battery on the Motherboard is starting to go flat?

When you say unattended, does that mean it is operating, in standby mode, screen saver or completely shut down?

I agree with Cuttlefish. Probably the CMOS battery. (it is disk shaped and easy to replace)
vicks

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
If the times difference is a even hour, then I would say it is a Time Zone or Day Light Saving setting issue.

Do you have the correct time zone selected and do you have the correct location selected?
As these will determine which Day Light Saving scheme is being used.

15Peter20

I don't know if it's the CMOS battery. I'm leaving it switched on and running for the time I'm away.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online