1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Time/Date Stamp in XP shows 1 day and 1 hour difference

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Broodbakker, Aug 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broodbakker

Broodbakker Thread Starter

I have a program that runs on a XP platform on several computers.
    There is one computer that has a weird problem.

The program shows the time and date of the computer, which is the actual time and date.
    The program can create bitmap images and text images.
    When I click on the export button, the program will save the BMP and TXT files to the Harddrive with a total different date/time stamp.
    The program wil export the BMP and TXT files with not only a filename, but also a date/time stamp (the correct one).
    It will be exactly one hour and one day earlier.

This is not correct, because the computer has the current date and time, but Windows labels the files with a wrong date/time stamp.

If I open Windows Explorer, I can see the files listed as:

filename200908201250.BMP Bitmap Image 12KB No 302KB 97% 8/19/2009 11:50 PM

It will not impact the problem if I change the BIOS and Windows time.

Did anyone have this effect ever before and can it be a virus ?
    The problem is, once in a while, I will loose BMPs and I cannot find them anymore.

2. Broodbakker

Broodbakker Thread Starter

The problem is not the time difference itself.
    The big question is, how is it possible that the program takes the time from Windows, displays it correctly in the program, saves the files with the correct time and date, but shows in Windows Epxlorer to be created on a total different moment ?
    The exact same program is installed on many more computers and they don't have this problem.
    I have replaced the program, Windows, HDD and the computer motherboard without success.
    Could it be a virus causing this ?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/854317

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice