1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Time/Date Stamp when using "Do Not Deliver Before" Function in Outlook

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by mstarliper, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mstarliper

mstarliper Thread Starter

I've tried to send a delayed email using the "Do Not Deliver Before" function. Hoping the email would be date/time stamped when I wanted the recipient to receive the email. For example, sent the email on a Tuesday and scheduled the email to be delivered the next day (Wednesday) at 10am. The function did delay sending the email, but the date/time stamp was when I originally hit sent on Tuesday. What is the purpose of this feature if the date/time stamp will not indicate the date/time I wanted the recipient to receive the email?

When using this function, is there a way for the exchange to track the date/time stamp of the email when it actually leaves the Outbox instead of when you click send? I understand the exchange keeps track of the date/time stamp of when an email is sent, but why couldn't the exchange keep track of when the email leaves the outbox when using this function? Is there any exchange setup that will make this function work the way it is supposed to? Thank you

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/852293

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice