Time for a new ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

markwalker

Hi there,

When i import a CD using itunes i can't do anything else with my computer. The whole system slows to a crawl. I have opened the task manager and under the performance tab my 'CPU Usage shows between 95 - 100 %

Is this normal?

Many Thanks

bonk

Banned
No not really......

check here

Go to Device Manager by pressing
Windows logo key + Pause Break key
and in the new window Hardware tab and Device Manager button.

In the list open the small + sign beside IDE controllers double click on the Secondary IDE
and then in the new window click on the Advanced Settings
and check that the Transfer Mode is DMA if available and Not PIO and that the current mode is DMA.
Aslo Check the Primary IDE

bonk

Banned
Is this the same PC that you are having problem with the sound?

Your mode is set for PIO can you can change it to DMA or Not Applicable

bonk

Banned
If you have change the setting for the IDE ....Yes reboot

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online