1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Time Out Problems On Firefox

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by perry_, Feb 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. perry_

perry_ Thread Starter

Every time I try to log into something (yahoo,hotmail) I get this message from Firefox:

The connection has timed out
    The server at login.yahoo.com is taking too long to respond.

It won't let me sign in onto MSN Messenger either. What should I do? It only started happening recently.

EDIT: I am running on Windows XP and I can browse the internet with no problems, it's just when I try to log into something this happens. It won't work on Internet Explorer either.

2. perry_

perry_ Thread Starter

Every time I try to log into something (yahoo,hotmail) I get this message from Firefox:

The connection has timed out
    The server at login.yahoo.com is taking too long to respond.

It won't let me sign in onto MSN Messenger either. What should I do? It only started happening recently.

I am running on Windows XP and I can browse the internet with no problems, it's just when I try to log into something this happens. It won't work on Internet Explorer either.

3. drumster

drumster

Are you using a proxy to access the internet? If you are using a proxy server, then you will have to put the proxy address in the SSL/ Secure server also, as you would have put in the HTTP field.

4. hewee

hewee

You new to using firefox? Did you install any new Firefox-Extensions? Like NoScript? If so you may need to let the script run for sites you have to login to.

5. perry_

perry_ Thread Starter

No I don't have Noscript installed, it happens whenever I try to log into something. It won't let me sign in on to MSN Messenger either.

6. perry_

perry_ Thread Starter

Nope, my computer has a wired connection onto the router/modem. It let's me sign in sometimes but usually not. Someone says it is the MTU set on my router? I'm not really sure...:confused:

7. cybertech

cybertech Moderator

Threads merged, please don't double post.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541017