1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Time released POST

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nirvaeh, Jan 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nirvaeh

nirvaeh Thread Starter

I have a computer that I built that when I turn it on, it won't beep on POST. The power button won't turn off the computer either. I unplug the power cord and plug it back in, then it will still not post, but the power button will turn off the computer. I turn the computer back on and it posts every time after that. If I leave the computer unplugged for a while, the same cycle happens. Any suggestions? I have booted with only the motherboard connected, then one device at a time. Is it a capacitor?

2. KingCody

KingCody

have you tried flashing the bios to the latest version??

3. nirvaeh

nirvaeh Thread Starter

it was the motherboard. thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/432858

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice