time synchronize problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

angelgabbby

:confused: Today I decided to manually update my time (because it was about 30 seconds different then our other computer), but when I "update now" it says
"An error occured while Windows was synchronizing with time.windows.com. The time sample was rejected because: The peer's stratum is less than the host stratum."
When I try to synchronize it by the other server it just says
An error occured while Windows was synchronizing with time.nist.gov.
On my 2nd computer, it says for both the time.windows.com & the time.nist.gov that an error occured.
Any Clues?
I doubt it matters, but time here did just change to Daylight Saving Time, however the hour on my computer clock is correct.

LauraMJ

Administrator
I'll be interested in the replies to this too, since I got the very same message last night while trying to update my time! I tried to manually update with the internet synchronization because, although I DID have the box ticked to adjust for daylight savings, it never did adjust itself. Then I kept getting that error message, so I finally just did it myself. :rolleyes:

I'm glad to know someone else had this error, I figured it must have been something I was doing wrong. ;)

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I suspect that since your box didn't update for DST, the fact it was an hour off gave you the error. Many time synchronizers won't sync when the time is too far off.

angelgabbby

yeah, but mine isn't an hour off, the hour is right, it's just off a minute or so. Any clues? It still says the same thing.

LauraMJ

Administrator
Hmmm....mine is no longer an hour off, either, but I still get that same error message that angelbabbby does, too.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Don't have any fresh ideas, it's not a problem I've experienced.

angelgabbby

It must've been a glitch or something w/the server. Mine works fine now. How about yours, LauraMJ?

LauraMJ

Administrator
Huh, yes, mine has a note on it that it synchronized itself as soon as it was connected to the internet just now.

I guess it must have been something on the other end, lol.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online