1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Time Zone Change Update for Panther

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by Augie65, Feb 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Augie65

Augie65 Thread Starter

There is an update for Java, Security, and Time Zone Change for OS X. If you haven't already updated, click on Apple> Software Update to get the latest updates.
    There are similar updates for Tiger.

2. Farmgirl22

Farmgirl22

Hey, thanks for that!! I thought my computer was supposed to download updates automatically. I'm pretty sure I have that selected as an option, why would it ignore my command to download automatically??

3. Pensacola Tiger

Pensacola Tiger

What frequency do you have set for checking for updates? I believe the default is weekly.

4. Augie65

Augie65 Thread Starter

If you want to change the update checks, open System Preferences and open Software Updates. Click the arrow beside Check for updates: and set it to Daily.

5. Farmgirl22

Farmgirl22

Ok, it was actually set on daily, it just didn't download that update automatically. Also, the next day (yesterday) it downloaded another update, the WWAN Support Update. Do you have any idea why it didn't update my computer when it should have??

6. Farmgirl22

Farmgirl22

Oh, I have Tiger, if that makes any difference in your response.

7. Augie65

Augie65 Thread Starter

I have Panther not Tiger. You may already had the update on your Tiger. This is from Apple Support.
    The 2007 time zone and Daylight Saving Time rule changes for the United States and most of
    Canada are already available in Mac OS X 10.4.5 or later.

8. VegasACF

VegasACF

To my knowledge, and in my experience, the Mac OS will not automatically install anything without your approval (and password being entered). You can set Software Update to automatically download the updates, which should then alert you when one is available for installation, but it will not install it sua sponte.

9. Farmgirl22

Farmgirl22

Good morning Vegas!! How have you been???

I don't mind that it doesn't install without the password...I think that's great. However, it won't even DOWNLOAD the updates of it's own accord. I have had to manually check for updates, assuming I know about them, even though my computer is set up to do it automatically every day.

10. Augie65

Augie65 Thread Starter

My Mac just notifies me about an update, it doesn't download or install. If your system doesn't require the update, you won't be notified. If yours notified you about the WWAN Support Update, then it must be working correctly.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!