1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Time Zones

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by Saga Lout, Sep 22, 2004.

Advertisement
  1. Saga Lout

Saga Lout Thread Starter

When I joined this most excellent site, I declared myself as living in the Greenwich Mean Time Zone and ticked the "adjust for daylight saving " or whatever. Now, all my times are showing as GMT minus 1 hour, when in fact we put our clocks forward in the springtime - a hang over from the First War (what you folks probably call the 1916-18 but for which we have a different name) so this is effectively putting me back two hours at this time of year.

Maybe I ticked something wrong but can anyone please suggest how I get synch my time with the rest of the site?

May I also say how much I enjoyed and learn from this site :) .

2. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

At the top of the page you'll see user cp in the blue. Click on it and it takes you into your control panel. Click options and set the time back to where you want it.

3. Saga Lout

Saga Lout Thread Starter

Much obliged Skivvywaver - I should be posting this thank you note at 15:30.

Sily old me must have mis-moused something on my original set-up.

4. RandyG

RandyG

so, have you done it correctly??

It shows to me that you posted the above at 03:31 PM

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276752

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice