1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Timesheet software - What do you use?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Stacers, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Stacers

Stacers Thread Starter

Good morning, everyone! I was curious to know if any of you out there are using or know of some really exceptional timesheet and reporting software. Bonus points if it works with SharePoint!

(PS - I'm not interested in Microsoft Project Server and its timesheet functionality, due to its inability to allow for daily comments on tasks out-of-the-box.)

Many thanks in advance!

2. calvin-c

calvin-c Banned

Excel spreadsheet with dropdown list boxes to select the pay period & work schedule. Formulas use these to set the dates & default times after which users enter adjustments & comments into unprotected cells-the formulas check those to modify the times. It's not perfect, but it's close enough that everybody seems to like it.

3. Stacers

Stacers Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply! I'd certainly be open to using Excel, if it weren't for the number of users that need to be able to enter timesheet items and the resulting reporting that needs to be done. It would be nice to have a solution that integrates with SharePoint or at least has a web access...

4. OBP

OBP

If you have Access 2007, does that work with SharePoint?
    I developed a Timesheet in Access 2000 a few years ago and may be able to find a copy.

5. Stacers

Stacers Thread Starter

I'm using Access 2010. It looks like we're going to be staying away from Access... the new Web App has proven to really be quite useless, as it doesn't let you make relationships between tables. It's turned out to be a glorified pile of tables all stored in one place.

I can't believe that's a fact, but I read it right on Microsoft's site! Sad... most great systems I've seen in Access can't be used in conjunction with the Web App.

While it seems like a great SQL Server project, I'm hoping to find something that doesn't require much development effort (if any).

...but thank you for the suggestion! Access would have been great a few years ago before everyone came to expect everything to work perfectly on the Web :)

6. kennvc

kennvc

We use Replicon, which has both time/attendance and project/billing versions of its Web TimeSheet product (they can be used together). The software is web-based (they host). Very good interface and configurable reporting. There isn't out-of-the-box support for Sharepoint, but there is an open API available, based on JSON.

7. ThomasTT

ThomasTT

Hi Stacers,

My company may be able to provide you with the solution.
    TimeSheet Reporter makes it possible to register time on organizations, projects and actitivies directly from your MS Outlook calendar.
    It's also possible to enter time manually, as known in traditional system.

You can also share data (both ways) with your other systems, for example SharePoint, and also CRM, ERP, etc.

Check it out at www.timesheetreporter.com, and please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Thomas

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!