1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Timestamp an Excel worksheet used as a printable form

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by kcarver01, Apr 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kcarver01

kcarver01 Thread Starter

I am using the 2007 version of excel.
    I want excel to timestamp when an individual fills out a particular cell. Essentially, I am using it to timestamp an electronic signature so I want the timestamp to appear and an adjacent cell.

I've tried a couple of suggestions posted online but nothing seems to work as described.

Any advice?

2. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

3. kumar1111

kumar1111

Hi,

Embedded within is an excel attachment that shows how the adjacent cell can be placed with time stamp if the value is changed to its corresponding cell.

There is macro code attached with the sheet1 module (ALT + F11 TO VIEW EDITOR PANEL) which trace any change in the value on sheets1, specifically I've taken column B which is represented as 2 in the code, make your own adjustment with the column and time stamp format and let me know in case you face any issue.

Thanks and Regards
    Umesh Kumar
    <removed email address ETAF Moderator>

Attached Files:

4. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

kumar1111 i have removed your email from the post - as this is a public forum, that's the quickest way to get put onto spam lists

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1097030