Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Timestamp won't remain turned Off

Solved 
402 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  grissom 
#1 ·
I have installed SSD FRESH (quite a while since) to assist in the better running and lifespan of my SSD Drive in Windows 10 Pro.

All is well according to the app, except that whenever I check, Timestamp, - which stores the time that files are accessed- is turned on. This is despite me turning it off successfully with the app every time that I check it.

Any suggestions and help gratefully received please.

Many thanks in advance.

#3 ·
The SSD Fresh app suggests what to turn on/off to save 'writes' etc. to the ssd and prolong the life of the disk. The app itseld has a 'button' to turn each process on/off. It explains what each function does and whether or not to turn each one on or off.

I've attached a picture. Thank you.
Product Font Screenshot Software Operating system

#4 ·
Hi, modern SSD's will most likely outlive the computer they are on. Use windows built in utils to control it. Or use a manufacturers util, to manage it (crucial for eg make storage executive, for their SSD's, and include none of the above in their util).
The main concern is for you to keep the firmware updated.

Timestamp, by design will reactivate (physically, change the registry key) every time you insert an external drive into your computer. Most of the mod's mentioned are for performance, 10+ years ago when they were first written (mostly for Vista) hardware performance was needing optimization, not today, if you have a modern win 10 machine, they will make no difference.

Leave tweaking alone, unless you really know what you are doing, enjoy your computer, you will want a new one in 4+ years anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.