1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

tiny printing

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by auntwiggy, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. auntwiggy

auntwiggy Thread Starter

Hi, I also have trouble with tiny printing. I do have IE 7 and my printer prints from the internet too small for old eyes to read. I did as the tech suggested, thank you, and changed the number on the shrink to fix or whatever, on the printer preview, and it did help,but now the page gets cut off. Isn't there anything to do that will fix this properly? Thank you. Kathy

2. The Hound

The Hound

Hi Kathy--Welcome to TSG.

Web pages are funny to print from--no two work the same way...Many pages (recipes, for instance) offer 'printable view' which reformats the web page to plain text which can also be saved.

If you're printing text from web pages, try this:

Open notepad, click 'format' and make sure 'word wrap' is checked. Use your mouse to highlight the text in the web page that you want to print (hold the left mouse button while 'dragging' - the highlighted area will change color). Right-click in the highlighted area, left-click 'copy', right click in the blank notepad document and left click 'paste'. You should then see a plain text version which can be printed in a readable version. You can click 'format' in notepad again to change the 'font' to something larger and easier to read.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593196

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice