1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

TinyWall "enable blocklist" option

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Muhib, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Muhib

Muhib Thread Starter

I want to use TinyWall to block specific apps from accessing the web. But there's an option called "Enable Blocklist". Do I have to enable it to do what I want (block apps from accessing web)? I see no impact on the program when I tick that "enable blocklist" option.
    Please clarify. Thanks in advance.

2. Forz

Forz

The TinyWall is not a firewall. It is a small utility to show the options of built-in Windows Firewall. As to the prob, when you install TinyWall it automatically resets your Firewall Config. So try to reinstall.

3. Muhib

Muhib Thread Starter

Sorry! I agree that it's not an actual firewall, but that's not the problem. I asked about usage of an option. Please read my question again.

4. Forz

Forz

I did read your question and said that you can try to reinstall. I did not want to install it on my PC because it resets the current Firewall Configs. Anyhow I'm installing it now, post back after looking in.

5. Forz

Forz

OK, I've found multiple methods of blocking specific apps.

1. Right click TinyWall notification area icon, click Manage and then add what you want to allow and block the rest.
    2. Right click TinyWall notification area icon, go to Manage then select Auto-learn then proceed to use all apps you want to allow before turning Auto-learn off again.
    3. Right click TinyWall notification area icon, go to Manage, then Block All. Then allow specific apps (White listing however you want to).
    4. {ADVANCED}In Control Panel open Windows Firewall, go to Advanced Setting then allow specific Inbound and Outbound rules.{ADVANCED}

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085610

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice