Tip For Removing Trojan Agent

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

krayfish

Hi guys for the last week I have had problems removing malware from my PC. I tried Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware (very good but could not prevent reinfection on startup), Superantispyware, combofix and varous online scans. It 'fixed' it, but on every startup my
C:\windows\system32\userinit.exe, is always reinfected again

So I think back, 'what new programmes have I installed that may have been responsible?' The only one I can think of XP SP3, So I uninstalled it, ran all the anti-malware programmes again, then reinstalled XP SP3. My PC is now squeaky clean, with all scans coming up clean. I tried hundreds of times before, with reinfection coming back every time, uninstalling SP3 is definately what fixed it for me

I have recieved help from this forum in the past so thought I would pass on this tip to others

Regards

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online