1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Tip For Removing Trojan Agent

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by krayfish, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krayfish

krayfish Thread Starter

Hi guys for the last week I have had problems removing malware from my PC. I tried Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware (very good but could not prevent reinfection on startup), Superantispyware, combofix and varous online scans. It 'fixed' it, but on every startup my
    C:\windows\system32\userinit.exe, is always reinfected again

So I think back, 'what new programmes have I installed that may have been responsible?' The only one I can think of XP SP3, So I uninstalled it, ran all the anti-malware programmes again, then reinstalled XP SP3. My PC is now squeaky clean, with all scans coming up clean. I tried hundreds of times before, with reinfection coming back every time, uninstalling SP3 is definately what fixed it for me

I have recieved help from this forum in the past so thought I would pass on this tip to others

Regards

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753567

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice