1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Tip- SATA drive problems may be due to the cable

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Advanced, Jan 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Advanced

Advanced Thread Starter

I've recently had problems with two SATA drives that were not recognized by the system and the problem is both cases turned out to be a faulty SATA cable.

These have got to be some of the worst designed connectors I've seen. Two of the four I've used have failed. The connector is very fragile and will spread open or crack along the side and not make contact if they are bent or bumped when attached to the drive or MB.

2. schusterjo

schusterjo

What manufacturer supplied the cables? I had 2 faulty IDE cables come with 2 separate motherboard companies the other day. usually when a drive is not working properly at the initial install.

3. Rich-M

Rich-M

You are right Advanced, I have felt that from day 1 and consequently I always buy sata cables from cable suppliers and never use the ones that come with motherboards.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/535866

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice