Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tips on choosing a new laptop?

Solved 
212 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Stephank 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I am currently looking at buying a new laptop to upgrade from my old, slow Lenovo 320-14ikb. One Laptop I love the look of, is the ACER aspire 5 A515-44. It has a decent screen size of 15.6", a decent Processer (AMD Ryzen 7), and plenty of storage (512 GB SSD). However, I've recently been told that Acer Laptops are the ones to avoid and am now questioning my descision. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to go for and what to avoid? I'm looking for something with similar specs as above and under £700 if possible.

Many Thanks!

#2 ·
If you can advise what your new laptop will be mostly used for, it will be easier for the members here to give you recommendations within your "less than 700 pounds" price limit.

I'm not a fan of AMD systems, so I use only Intel systems, so I can't give you any recommendations.

------------------------------------------------

#3 ·
Frank has a very good point. What is it for? Who said 'avoid Acer'? Some computer repair tech who sees a lot of issues with Acer brand? When I check reviews on Amazon I see some bad reviews even on great computers. it seems you reside somewhere in Europe. If there is a reliable repair shop close to you, ask them what brand name they repair the most, especially on relatively new computers. To me, it is a great indicator. I am also in need of a new laptop. I wrote down everything I am looking for. screen size, RAM, how big SSD, what kind chip, etc. The most importantly the price. I easily narrowed down my choices.
I used mostly HPs since 1990s. They barely survived 5-6 years. I am so pleased my last one, which is ASUS brand and almost 7 years old. Naturally, my first choice will be ASUS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.