To Delete, or Not to Delete?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tuppence2

Hello.

Hope you all had a happy Christmas. :cool:

I did a search for files to delete and wonder whether I need to keep all these restore point files. I certainly don't have this many restore points set - would they be required for the couple I do have?

Thanks.

Bye,
Penny. :)

Attachments

I'd keep 'em. They aren't taking up a lot of space, so it's better not to mess with anything IMO.

Tuppence2

Hello 8dalejr.fan

OK. Thanks very much. Will following your advice.

Penny :)

Yeah, I mean each one is only 1kb which is very small, so you don't stand to gain anything by deleting them.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I'd hate to have you delete them, and then you'd be unable to use System Restore to a recent date should something else go wrong on your machine. :)

tuppence: You can limit the size of your System Restore folder by Right clicking on My Computer>Properties>System restore tab.
Move the slider to where you think is a good percentage of your C: drive.
I set mine at 6% on a 60 gig HDD. This gives me 3531 MB of storage that's 3.5 gigs. I don't think there is any reason to have 2-3 months of Restore points available.
When the storage limit is reached, Windows automatically removes the earliest of the restore points.
The shortcut to the Restore Point may be only 1KB, but I believe the image is a whole lot more than that.
I only know what I read in the forums, and I read a lot.

Tuppence2

Hello and thanks very much, Flags.

I'll look into that. Going to have a go now. :)

Appreciate your help, both of you.

Bye.

Tuppence2

Back again. Did what you said, Flags. The slider was set to maximum, so I moved it to half-way.

These are the specs of my lap-top and System Restore is now using 1720 MB., or 6 per-cent.

Bye. :)

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online