To enable a program to a default

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KrzyPrk

Hi,

Whenever I click on a BMP file, Paint program opens up automatically. If I open up JPEG files, MGI Photosuite III opens up.

Is there a way to have MGI Photoshop open BMP files ? If so, how do you enable that as a default ?

Using Win98SE.

Try clicking on the file you want to open then hold down the shift key and right click at the same time. Choose the "open with" and select what you want to open it with. There should also be a box to checkmark to open it with that every time.

KrzyPrk

Yeahhh~! Thanks DoyceJ. That did it~!

Man, it's so convenient now.

KrzyPrk,

You should have options in MGI Photosuite III to pick what image formats you want so they will open in MGI Photosuite III.

KrzyPrk

I tried looking for that option in that MGI program but couldnt figure it out. I knew there was a way w/ Windows so that's why I came here. I'm so glad that I know this cuz I can use this for other programs as well.
:D :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online