1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

to stop getting frozen computer

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by jurela, Nov 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jurela

jurela Thread Starter

:DAs I said before , forgive my english mistakes. My compuetr keeps frezing on me specialy whenever I'm on the internet. The informatins I'm getting are:
    1. EXPLORER - An error has occurred in your program.To keep working anyway click ignore and save your work............ when I do that I'm getting
    2. A fatal exception OE has occurred at 0167:BFF9DFFF. The current application will be terminated................. next is:
    3. Explorer caused a general protection fault in module GDI.EXE at 0001:00007203
    At this point nothing is working ( no mause or keyboard). I have shut down computer by presing PC button (ctrl+alt+delete dosn'twork ).

I have Win98 and IE version 6.0
    Can you help me to solve this problem?

Jurela

2. $teve

$teve

the fatal exception error....hmmmm! this happens when you click on a jpg image right?if this is the case,try this.
    Open Explorer
    Select View/Folder Options/File Types
    Scroll to the JPEG item and select it
    The entries for this item should be
    extension jpeg
    content type (mime): image/jpeg
    opens with: iexplore
    the entry in "application to open with", should be
    "C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\iexplore.exe" "%1"

fatal exception od`s generally occur due to a display malfunction(ie:corrupt video drivers)if the above dosent work,you will have to re-install your video drivers.
    sorry about this,im reading 1 part at a time and typing my sugetstions the same way.

GDI stands for "graphics device interface" if your getting these errors i think you may have to upgrade your video drivers.
    if you know the make of your graphics card you can get the latest drivers from the makers website.
    and thats all i can say for now,its late here and im getting the "glare" from her indoors.
    i really hope ive made sense ,if not,someone will be along in a while to put you on the right track.
    good luck:rolleyes:

3. skyman

skyman

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59226

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice