to stop getting frozen computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jurela

:DAs I said before , forgive my english mistakes. My compuetr keeps frezing on me specialy whenever I'm on the internet. The informatins I'm getting are:
1. EXPLORER - An error has occurred in your program.To keep working anyway click ignore and save your work............ when I do that I'm getting
2. A fatal exception OE has occurred at 0167:BFF9DFFF. The current application will be terminated................. next is:
3. Explorer caused a general protection fault in module GDI.EXE at 0001:00007203
At this point nothing is working ( no mause or keyboard). I have shut down computer by presing PC button (ctrl+alt+delete dosn'twork ).

I have Win98 and IE version 6.0
Can you help me to solve this problem?

Jurela

the fatal exception error....hmmmm! this happens when you click on a jpg image right?if this is the case,try this.
Open Explorer
Select View/Folder Options/File Types
Scroll to the JPEG item and select it
The entries for this item should be
extension jpeg
content type (mime): image/jpeg
opens with: iexplore
the entry in "application to open with", should be
"C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\iexplore.exe" "%1"

fatal exception od`s generally occur due to a display malfunction(ie:corrupt video drivers)if the above dosent work,you will have to re-install your video drivers.
sorry about this,im reading 1 part at a time and typing my sugetstions the same way.

GDI stands for "graphics device interface" if your getting these errors i think you may have to upgrade your video drivers.
if you know the make of your graphics card you can get the latest drivers from the makers website.
and thats all i can say for now,its late here and im getting the "glare" from her indoors.
i really hope ive made sense ,if not,someone will be along in a while to put you on the right track.
good luck:rolleyes:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online