1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

To Those Of You Who Are Using Mozilla Firefox ESR

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by flavallee, May 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor Thread Starter

First Name:
    Frank
    52.8.0 is the last extended support release(ESR) version that will install and work in Windows XP SP3 and Windows Vista SP2.

60.0 and newer will install and work only in Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.

"End of life" is scheduled for September 2018 and will offer no further updates and support.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/all/

--------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: May 14, 2018
    Paul23 likes this.
  2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    I might also suggest doing what I'm doing. I'm currently running the portable version of FF 60 to get used to using it.
    None of the old addons will work with the next ESR version, based on 60 so I'm testing the new addons for noscript and uBlockOrigin and trying to find addons to replace the ones no longer maintained by the developers.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1210162

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice