1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Toast.net

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by lavenderbird, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lavenderbird

lavenderbird Thread Starter

I want to switch ISP as I am paying too much. Dell Dimension/Windows XP/Internet E. have been with AOL long time. Very slow. Etc. Tried 'highly rated' Toast.net. Find that I don't even have enough savvy to simply close a window! Terms I have never heard of. Warning aplenty about "dropping customers" for staying online over 4 hours at one time, or 30 mins of no activity! Premium! Have all these glowing 'reviews" ----anybody ever hear of Toast.net? In NC

2. Jason Ess

Jason Ess

I highly reccomend you stick with the major ISP companys i.e WOW, SBC, AT&T, not some weird one]
    Xd

3. hewee

hewee

SBC now owns AT&T but go by the AT&T name.
    So seeing how they own most of the lines that your go tru no matter who your ISP is you know your do better going with them.

If you can only get dail-up they should still be better. Your have to check to see if you can get DSL or even cable.

But no matter who you get the Accelerated Dial-Up will not make your speed any faster.
    They compress images to make them smaller in file size so it may be a little faster but then things can also look bad so best stay away from it.

4. katonca

katonca

I use Toast.net (if it's the same one as here: http://toast.net/start/)

But this is out of Toledo, OH. I've never had problems at all (DSL-$19.95)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/649990

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice