Solved Toec.file virus

Dimaa

My files are locked due to toec virus, if I change the hard drive will I get rid of the virus???

Last edited:

DR.M

Malware Trainee
Hello, Dimaa.

I am DR M and I will be assisting you with your computer's issues.

Please, adhere to the guidelines below, and then carefully follow, with the same order, all the instructions after:

1. You have to reply to my posts within three days. If you need some additional time, just let me know. If I don't get any reply from you within these three days, the topic will be closed. You can send me a PM if you still want help, after this period of time.

2. Always ask before act! Do not continue if you are not sure, or if something unexpected happens!

3. Do not run any tools unless instructed to do so. Also, do not uninstall or install any software during the proceedure, unless I ask you to do so.

4. Please, copy all the content of the required logs and paste it inside your post. Do not attach any log or other file, unless directed otherwise.

5. Logs from malware diagnostic or removal programs can take some time to get analyzed. Also, have in mind that all the experts here are volunteers and may not be available to assist when you post. Please, be patient, while I analyze your logs. I will be with you, as far as I can.

=================================================

1. Check if your files can be decrypted

The first thing you can do is to upload samples of encrypted files, ransom notes and any contact email addresses or hyperlinks provided by the cyber-criminals to ID Ransomware (IDR). This service is strictly for identifying what ransomware may have encrypted your files. It will attempt to point you in the right direction, and let you know if there is a known way of decrypting your files.

2. Check your computer

Regardless of the result at step 1, to ensure that the the system is otherwise clean, please do the following:

Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop. --> IMPORTANT

If your antivirus software detects the tool as malicious, it’s safe to allow FRST to run. It is a false-positive detection.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
  • Double-click the FRST icon to run the tool. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button and wait for a while.
  • The scanner will produced two logs on your Desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.
  • Please copy and paste the content of these two logs in your next reply (or attach/upload).

Last edited:

Dimaa

Thanks for your help,im going to follow the instructions,im bad with english but translate is here to help😁

DR.M

Malware Trainee
No worries.

I'm not a native English speaker either. :)

Dimaa

I ran Farbar Tool,i got Addition.txt and First.txt,I opened them in notepad and there are some random numbers and signs😂,is that right?
Edit:Im typing this from phone how am i suppossed to copy them on reply

DR.M

Malware Trainee
Can't you use the computer to copy them here?

If you get a warning that the characters exist the limit allowed, you can attach them (press the button Attach files).

Dimaa

I can use computer and i tried to attach files,but it says: The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension because its Addition(date).txt.toec

Dimaa

i put file on IDR It says 1 result
STOP (Djvu)
Identificated
•sample_extension: .toec
•sample_bytes: (some random numbers)

DR.M

Malware Trainee
Are you sure you uploaded your files or/and folders right? What is the exact result you are getting?

Dimaa

My every file have extension .toec like
file.jpg.toec and i uploaded some files and on every file i get result with link which sending me on emsisoft syte

DR.M

Malware Trainee
Οκ, that means that you can go at Emsisoft site and try their tool to decrypt your files. Please, let me know the result.

After that, we will return to FRST logs.

DR.M

Malware Trainee
Hi, Dimaa.

Any news/progress regarding your computer?

Do you still need assistance?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online