1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Toggle touchscreen on/off by touch?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by KillTheAlarm, Oct 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KillTheAlarm

KillTheAlarm Thread Starter

I think I somehow manage to toggle my touchscreen off when casually using it on my windows 10 Dell XPS 9333 laptop.

Is it possible? Or it's just some sort of bug?

If it is possible, how do I turn the touchscreen on again? Currently I need to restart my PC for it to work again, which is a pain in the ass as it happens quite often.

2. GamerBlackAcid

GamerBlackAcid

I have some questions.
    1. When does it turn off? At some particular time or when a particular work is done?
    2. How old is your laptop?
    3. Did any kind of accident happened with it before?

I THINK that it is some kind of hardware issue. Not confirmed that it is. Don't take any serious action.

3. KillTheAlarm

1. I'm really not sure; I'm just casually using the touchscreen, pinching and scrolling web-pages and then suddenly it turns off.
    2. I bought it used a week ago; not sure about the age, but I did a full OS reset
    3. Doesn't look like it had any accident

Again, a restart fixes it; and sometimes it works flawlessly for hours. It really looks like I do some weird gesture accidentally and that's what causes it

4. GamerBlackAcid

GamerBlackAcid

Alright. Can you use the laptop using the trackpad still? Is it not responding too?
    If it is responding somewhat, does the pointer go back to some random location?

5. KillTheAlarm

trackpad works flawlessly, always.

About pointer - in some applications, sometimes it becomes invisible; it works normally, you just can't see it; but that's off-topic issue, I believe, as it happens independently of issues with touchscreen

6. GamerBlackAcid

GamerBlackAcid

This varies from different laptops. Does the pointer appear when you use the laptop in touchscreen?

7. KillTheAlarm

No, it doesn't

8. GamerBlackAcid

GamerBlackAcid

I am sure it is the hardware issue now. The touchscreen is faulty. Ask Dell support to get a replacement. I can dig deeper if you want tho…

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!