1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Tons of Problems with Computer - Desperate

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by IIkDII, Feb 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IIkDII

IIkDII Thread Starter

Hi

I've tried everything under the sun to make this work and nothing seems to work. I am having issues with everything with my computer, it will be hard to explain but let me give it a shot.

1. Catalyst Control Center: Host has stopped working error.
    2. On Adobe Photoshop CS6 i get a "Could not complete your request because of a program error" error.
    3. On MS Word, I get a Word cannot save changes to the Global Template because it was opened in Read Only mode.
    4. It doesn't let me do a System Restore - moot point, since all the restore points I have now only go back to the start of the year.

I wish I could be more descriptive but almost nothing on my computer works as expected. Programs take forever to open even though the task manager does not show any thing suspect or heavy usage. When I boot the computer, the icons on the system tray take a good 10 minutes to show up.

The whole problem started when I started using Blockless for VPN. It may or may not be related.

Could anyone please help me troubleshoot this issue ? I don't even know where to begin.

thanks,

2. Johnny2K

Johnny2K

Sure sounds like the problem. Dump it and find out.

3. KomputerKid

KomputerKid

Sometimes when problems are all over the place like yours it can mean RAM issues. If uninstalling Blockless doesn't help I'd run Memtest86 for several hours. http://www.memtest86.com/. The download link is at the bottom and be sure to download the free version.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143685

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice