1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Too large an email hotmail cannot retrieve all data of email

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by brianhotmail, Sep 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. brianhotmail

brianhotmail Thread Starter

saved too large an email and cannot readily retrieve the data

saved a large email , and when opened to option of resume drafting the email or delete, get the below message in quotes,

"The message is too big to be completely displayed. Only the first 4096 KB is shown."

when I open the email in completing the email with more, not all of the data is on screen, need all this data and saved out of this program to get out of this situation, need all this data , any help much appreciated

2. TulsaRose

TulsaRose

First Name:
    Rosie
    If a Live Hotmail message plus attachments is over the size limit, it will be uploaded to OneDrive. (formerly SkyDrive) Check there to see if that is where your draft is saved.

upload_2015-9-12_8-55-46.png

3. brianhotmail

looked in the one drive did not this email, this is problem , thank you though

4. TulsaRose

TulsaRose

First Name:
    Rosie
    Just to be sure I understand your problem...

This is an email you received from somebody or is it an email you were writing?

5. brianhotmail

This is an email I am writing that I just saved as doing and following day go back to resume writing the email as to length of email get the noted error in quotes and just part of the data.

6. TulsaRose

TulsaRose

First Name:
    Rosie
    Please post a screenshot of what you are viewing when you see "The message is too big to be completely displayed. Only the first 4096 KB is shown."

It would also be helpful to know which operating system and browser you are using.

7. brianhotmail

8. brianhotmail

The error message is at the top of the screen,, above where the attachment is attached , above the words " 1 attachment 5.7 mb" , "This message is too big to be completey displayed, Only first 4095 KB is shown."

Microsoft Windows 8.1 operating system

9. TulsaRose

TulsaRose

First Name:
    Rosie
    Brian, you might consider composing large documents in an editing program residing on your computer...such as Word, WordPad, etc. When it's completed, it then can be sent in an email as an attachment.

For the one you have in the Drafts folder in WLM, I made a screenshot for two methods of dealing with it. I hope this isn't too confusing.

upload_2015-9-15_12-17-2.png

10. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

That looks like spam. I wouldn't open an attachment like that.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1155788

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice