Too long with IE7 and Microsoft Outlook to open

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dunko9

Hi everyone,

Hope anyone help me....

Problem is When i turn PC on......PC ready.....i click IE7.......not open yet.....after 2-3 mins....IE7 open up now......then i click Microsoft Outlook....not open yet....after 2-3mins.....did open up. Whys that? too long........it should open quickly!! :(

its still problems from August 06 til now!!! :(

I have everything update with microsoft update, avg anti-virus, avg antispyware, ccleaner, spybot, adware, windows defender, defrag, disk cleanup etc. :rolleyes:

My PC is Dell Dimenison 4400, P4, 1.7ghz, 1gb of RAM, my 2 hard drive, one is 40GB, and other is 80GB, windows XP SP2, IE7, Office XP 2002.

I'm very grateful if anyone help me.:eek:

Many Thanks.:)

How much free space is on your C: drive? Try clearing things like temp files and temporary internet files, then run a full defrag on your system. That should speed it up a bit if you've already gotten rid of any spyware or adware.

Are you waiting for all your programs that are configured to start automatically to finish loading?

Dunko9

gurutech said:
How much free space is on your C: drive? Try clearing things like temp files and temporary internet files, then run a full defrag on your system. That should speed it up a bit if you've already gotten rid of any spyware or adware.
10GB free space of 40GB, and other 54GB free space of 80GB. Thats i have 2 hard drives.

Yeah i have done temp files, temp internet files everyday with CCleaner! and always defrag every months!......so any ideas? i think it must something wrong there! :(

What programs have you got starting up

have a look by start run
msconfig
in the box and click start up.. try unchecking those you dont need and seei if IE7 opens any quicker

dont unclick antivirus or firewall programs

Dunko9

Blackmirror said:
What programs have you got starting up

have a look by start run
msconfig
in the box and click start up.. try unchecking those you dont need and seei if IE7 opens any quicker

dont unclick antivirus or firewall programs
I look msconfig, 'Startup' programs is Rainleader2 (nothing with it), msnmsgr (windows live thats i got), ctfmon (i dont know what this?), GoogleToolbarNotifier (?).
And its no Antivirus startup (thats i got AVG Anti-virus)

Thats only 4 programs startup!.

Hope its help?

thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online