Too much stuff

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

OKKID

It seems my computer takes longer than it used to in order to get online, etc. Somehow, I got the notion that over time lots of "stuff" accumulates on my harddrive and elsewhere that I don't need or don't use. How does one go about identifying this stuff and getting rid of it without hurting computer systems and performance?

OKKID

It seems my computer takes longer than it used to in order to get online, etc. Somehow, I got the notion that over time lots of "stuff" accumulates on my harddrive and elsewhere that I don't need or don't use. How does one go about identifying this stuff and getting rid of it without hurting computer systems and performance?

DoubleHelix

Banned
Use the Control Panel applet Add/Remove Programs to uninstall software you don't use. Keep your anti-virus software up to date. Run spyware cleaning software such as Ad-Aware and Spybot Search & Destroy. And run disk defragmenter.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
OKKID:

Click the link below to my site and read the following articles:

Things To Do On A Regular Basis To Keep Your Computer Running Smoothly

MSCONFIG - Reduce The Startup Load

Throwing Out The Trash

Spyware - What It Does And How To Get Rid Of It

----------------------------------------------------------------

EasyCleaner 2.0.6.380 us a great free utility for cleaning out invalid registry entries and junk files. If you use it, make use of its "Registry" and "Unnecessary" features. Leave the rest of it alone.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online