1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Too much stuff

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by OKKID, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. OKKID

OKKID Thread Starter

It seems my computer takes longer than it used to in order to get online, etc. Somehow, I got the notion that over time lots of "stuff" accumulates on my harddrive and elsewhere that I don't need or don't use. How does one go about identifying this stuff and getting rid of it without hurting computer systems and performance?

2. OKKID

OKKID Thread Starter

It seems my computer takes longer than it used to in order to get online, etc. Somehow, I got the notion that over time lots of "stuff" accumulates on my harddrive and elsewhere that I don't need or don't use. How does one go about identifying this stuff and getting rid of it without hurting computer systems and performance?

3. junker39

junker39

I have been using this:
    http://www.unhsolutions.com/IEPK/index.shtml
    IEPrivacyKeeper. It saves a lot of time.
    There's a few others that do the same thing. I think one is called CrapCleaner.
    I haven't used it so cannot say it's good or not.

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Use the Control Panel applet Add/Remove Programs to uninstall software you don't use. Keep your anti-virus software up to date. Run spyware cleaning software such as Ad-Aware and Spybot Search & Destroy. And run disk defragmenter.

5. 1069

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    OKKID:

Click the link below to my site and read the following articles:

Things To Do On A Regular Basis To Keep Your Computer Running Smoothly

MSCONFIG - Reduce The Startup Load

Throwing Out The Trash

Spyware - What It Does And How To Get Rid Of It

----------------------------------------------------------------

EasyCleaner 2.0.6.380 us a great free utility for cleaning out invalid registry entries and junk files. If you use it, make use of its "Registry" and "Unnecessary" features. Leave the rest of it alone.

----------------------------------------------------------------

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326838

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice