1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Took too long to respond error

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Swill7718, Sep 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swill7718

Swill7718 Thread Starter

Hi All,

I’m experiencing issues with web page loading. I consistently have web pages take too long to load and receive an error. Of course, right now I am trying to get it to happen and it won’t but basically what happens is I perform a web search (Google Chrome) and quickly obtain results. I will click the link and the web page takes quite a long time to load or doesn’t load at all and I receive a “This site can’t be reached whatever web site took too long to respond” message. The weird thing is that if I click on the wifi icon at the bottom of the screen and click properties on the wifi network I am using the web page will load almost immediately. This works 90% of the time. I’ve tried clearing my DNS cashe, reinstalling Chrome, and clearing all of the cashed data from Chrome, changed DNS to 8.8.8.8. Tested speed: up 23.5 down 7.64.

Running Windows 10 Home

HP Spectre x360 Convertible Signature Edition

Intel® Core™ i7-6500 [email protected] GHz 2.59GHz

8.00 GB Ram

64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

I’ve searched the forums and tried the solutions for other with a took too long to respond issue but nothing has worked. I was hoping someone here could help me.

Thanks in advance for your help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1216992

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice