Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toolbar buttons won't work

1K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  bzerph 
#1 ·
I have Microsoft Excel 2007. The program opens with no problem and I can make changes in the cells, but when I go to save the changes, I can't save. I've tried clicking on other buttons in the toolbars but they don't work either. The buttons aren't shaded, but they won't depress either.

#7 ·
It has happened with several different files. Something else that I have just noticed, if I open Excel into a blank workbook and then go to the Circle button and open from the drop down menu, it seems to be working fine. I have the problems if I try to open the files by double clicking their icons.
Didn't know if this info might help.

#8 ·
hmm... well i would open a blank workbook and type a few characters in and save it. Try opening it and see if you get the same problem. If you don't then do the same thing but copy and paste the info from the problem workbooks and see if if comes up with any issues. If it fails off the bat I would say its probably an issue with the program.

If it is a fully activated version I would try completely uninstalling then reinstalling it. If it is a trial version then that may be the issue since Microsoft locks out a lot of features when the trial period in up.

If your feeling really adventurous you can try using Open Office. Its a free office tool with a word, excel and powerpoint processor included. It works really well and is compatible with every document type that i have ever encountered.

Let me know how it goes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.