1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Toolbar?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by maxie0515, Feb 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. maxie0515

maxie0515 Thread Starter

I have windows ME on my older computer and now find that the toolbar, guess you call it, where it shows history, refresh, back button, favorites etc doesn't show all of the things that it did such as the printer and e-mail etc. I tried right clicking in the blank area and clicked on properties but cannot find out how I can get the stuff that was there before back. I don't know how it disppeared in the first place but would like to get it back as it was and have no clue how to do that. I know this is a stupid question but it is easy for most of all the experts here.
    Thanks for your anticipated help.

2. 1069

If you go to VIEW - TOOLBARS - CUSTOMISE you should be able to select the icons you want there.

3. maxie0515

maxie0515 Thread Starter

I tried that yesterday and it doesn't show up, maybe I am asking for the wrong thing, is this the explorer bar? I clicked on printer and e-mail and a couple of other things but nothing shows there, I have looked everywhere I can think of and can't figure out how to make it show up. I can print without it being there b ut am used to having everything where it is supposed to be so guess I am just spoiled.

4. 1069

I'm on 98se but...

If I click View - Toolbars the "Standard Buttons" "Address Bar" "Links" and "Lock the Toolbar" are all checked. Are yours the same?

5. maxie0515

maxie0515 Thread Starter

Yes they are checked that way. I noticed that down below there is an arrow and when I click on that it brings up the list of items like history print home etc. On my computer with XP it shows the icons with everything that I want on there. Is this called the explorer bar?
    Think that I am going to just have to live with what I have on the older one

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/329845

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice