toolbars added in Outlook 2003

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nell

I can't seem to get rid of toolbars in Outlook that get added in by programs such as Adobe and Smart Board software. Can anyone help?

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi nell

In Outlook 2003,
Tools > Customize > Toolbars tab
Uncheck the Toolbars you don't want to appear.

Or, right click on the Toolbar and uncheck it in the context menu.

Let us know if that works for you.

nell

That only gets rid of it for the moment. The next time you start Outlook, they're back.

Hi Nell...Outlook stores custom toolbar settings in a file named outcmd.dat.

Might be worth doing this:

Close Outlook and search your computer for outcmd.dat. You can delete it - if there are more than one delete them all - (or do what I did and rename it outcmd.old, just to be safe).

When you start Outlook again it will recreate the file and restore the 'default' settings. I've done this a few times to sort out toolbar problems.

If you have Adobe and Smart Board on the computer, I don't know whether they will be 'linked' to Outlook and will therefore recreate the toolbar buttons. You might look in the two programs and see if there are any options to uncheck the link with Outlook.

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
If Surreal2's suggestion does not remove the Adobe PDF toolbar, see this link:

Let us know what happens.

nell

I deleted the outcmd.dat file, and it came right back. I actually don't have Adobe installed at the moment, but there wasn't anything there about the SmartBoard software in my registry. The only thing listed was HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\Microsoft.VbaAddinForOutlook.1 and it's load behavior value was 9. I've looked through all the settings I can find in their software, and there isn't anything about not linking it to Outlook. I guess I can call the Smart Technologies people. It was irritating enough when Acrobat did it, but now this one has joined the "let's irritate Nell" bandwagon. I was hoping to find a fix for whoever decides to add to my toolbars without my permission next.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online