1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

tools or ways to block skype

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Carldica, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Carldica

Carldica Thread Starter

hi,

anybody knows tools <except IM LOCK PROFESSIONAL> or ways to block skype? can i handle it from my router?

thanks guys,

2. rolandk10

rolandk10

3. Carldica

Carldica Thread Starter

hi roland,:)

upon my searching in blocking skype by googling, i found an insteresting website :eek: , this tools is open source and can block skype and traffic filltering.

but i don't know how to implement it :confused: , i'd asked the webmaster and still waiting for the reponse, here's the link

http://www.lynanda.com/products/software-for-corporations/traffic-filtering

in any case, if you can implement the tools, please tell me what to do.

note: i'd installed the winPcap successfully. but failed at the TrafficTapDemo

i'm still reading the link that you gave me.

4. Carldica

Carldica Thread Starter

hi guys,

i managed to block skype though at some quite a price T_T. i'd decided to use zonealarm pro, this firewall is good, can block programs and ports, ease of use. hope this can help.

5. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

6. Carldica

Carldica Thread Starter

T_T, this tool is great, too bad it's too late, anyway thx for the tool.

7. Carldica

Carldica Thread Starter

hey, this tool is dangerous, how to uninstall it? it block my anti-virus program and my anti-spyware. i only blocked the skype, but i cannot play the trustnoexe control panel again.

there are no .exe at the task manager.

8. Carldica

Carldica Thread Starter

every time i run the trustnoexe control panel normally, it always dump my physical memory and my screen goes blue.

but i manage to run the trustnoexe in safe mode, i allowed my C: and D: any my antivirus and antispyware runs well again.

i'm still searching a way to uninstall this tool. still found no service and exe at the task manager, any suggestion?

9. Carldica

Carldica Thread Starter

hi guys, found a way to uninstall the tools, i installed the tool in my notebook, i can uninstalled it by add/remove programs, but i deployed it to multiple computer, and the others cannot uninstalled it, so i decided to install the tool to the others and able to uninstall it manually.

my comment is: this tool is not recommended for novice, not stable. the funny thing is that if the tool already deployed to the client and as example i blocked the skype, the client can stop the service at the control panel, not very powerful huh? from 1-10, i scored it 7.5.

thx squashman for the tool.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543935

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice