1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Tools to monitor hard drive

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Igorek Tech, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Igorek Tech

Igorek Tech Thread Starter

Guys,

here is a very complicated question. Listen carefully. I would like to find a software on the internet. Recently we had 3 hard drive died. I was wondering if there is any software outthere that can help me diagnose good drives and give me a warning before drive dies. Is there any software out there like that?

Imagine you working in a fast pase invironment and the drive dies and it takes you 2 hours to rebuild it. It would be a lot easier to scan a drive and see if there is any problems in advance then you could copy the drive or get prepared before it dies.

Any suggestions?

2. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

New drives have this technology built in to them. Look up SMART Disk Monitor on Google

3. barncat

barncat

howdy; I don't backup because i don't do anything important with my computer....
    but, it seems that if you are doing something important you should backup several times a day...have heard some knowledgable people say to backup often....gl

4. Igorek Tech

Igorek Tech Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326429

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice