Topic Subjects

tohm

You know, I find it really annoying when someone posts a topic with the subject "PLEASE HELP NOW" or "NEED HELP" or "GETTING FRUSTRATED" because, well, I'd rather spend my time looking through topics and helping where I can because I know what to do just by reading the subject. I hate it when I waste my time reading about some random problem when the topic title was "NEED HELP".

Could we make a guidline to posting that says: "When posting a topic, make the subject clear, specific, and about your problem so that we can provide better aid for you. Do not title a topic anywhere along the lines of "NEED HELP" or anything like that because it is useless." Or something like that...

That would be grrreeaaat!

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
Unfortunately, you can make all of the rules you want... I have included the Welcome Guide that new users are pointed to... When they get to the step where they make a post:

You're now ready to post your question! You'll be asked to enter a title. Please make titles short but descriptive. "Please help me" or "Windows error" doesn't help much. Then, when you enter your full message below, be as specific as possible. Be sure to include your Operating System (Windows 98, Windows XP, etc) as well as the exact text of any error messages you might be seeing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online