Solved Toredo Tunneling Adapter

rumi

ok this problem just got more involved.. Today I have come back to my computer, it was not switched off overnight and the fingerprint reader which was working fine, has disappeared again and I am being asked to enter my password. I also notice that when I click some links, before the page loads I can briefly see a kind of yellow highlighted text version of the text, which is quickly replaced by correct web page. ????

Thinking about it, these problems seem to have co-incided with updating Malwarebytes (I would dearly love to be able to stop the Malwarebytes update nagging ??? but thats a separate issue !) At the time it asked if I wanted to include Malwarebytes Browser Guard, which has had the effect of interrupting the download of some web pages.

Does this make a difference ?

Thanks again

Rumi

rumi

wasted an hour but couldn't find any Browserguard settings in Malwarebytes. I was in the middle of a 2 week free trial of MWB premium, (I won't be buying it !!) So I uninstalled MWB completely and rebooted. Fingerprint reader has returned, but troubleshooting warning for Laptop is still complaining about Teredo Tunneling and Keyboard Filtering Drivers. MWB never causedany trouble before, so I guess it was selecting Browserguard that was upseeting things. So it looks like I'm back to the beginning and
I have malwarebytes Pro ( v 4.2.3.96 componenet package 1.0.11.22 which is the most up-to-date) installed on 4 Windows 7 computers with no problem.
I did not choose to install the browser guard.
If you see this
https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc...33-Malwarebytes-Browser-Guard-Settings-screen
toggle all the settings to off; reboot the computer.
Hi thanks,
I wasted an hour but couldn't find any Browserguard settings in Malwarebytes. I was in the middle of a 2 week free trial of MWB premium, (I won't be buying it !!) So I uninstalled MWB completely and rebooted. The fFingerprint reader has returned and working fine, but troubleshooting warning for Laptop is still complaining about Teredo Tunneling and Keyboard Filtering Drivers. MWB never causedany trouble before, so I guess it was selecting Browserguard that was upseeting things. So it looks like I'm back to the beginning and will disable IPv6 unless anyone has any other idea ??

Rumi

Toredo if I remember correctly was a temporary measure to use until ipv6 works everywhere. Now it is everywhere. And MS has deprecated it I think.

rumi

Hi again,

Regarding changing register keys:-

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\tcpip6\Parameters\DisabledComponents

The value can be the combination (logical or) of the following values:
1 Disable tunnel interfaces
2 Disable 6to4
4 Disable ISATAP
8 Disable Teredo
16 Disable LAN and PPP interfaces
32 Set preference of IPv4 over IPv6
255 Disable IPv6 completely

I plucked up courage and ran regedit, I could follow the path down as far as parameters, but there wa nothing called "Disabled Components" and nothing that matched up with the list of items to disable.
So I left it alone.

Fingerprint reader is still working fine, nothing interrupting browser searches as Browserguard has been uninstalled. Still got the warning for Teredo on my devices page.

rumi

Read post #15 again and disable it.
thanks but I don’t know what I’m supposed to be right clicking, nor where in the system I’m supposed to be ?

you sent a link in message 5 and I explained how I had failed to follow the instructions in message 6, but you never followed up, so I didn’t want to pester you with questions about where to right click and disable.

If I right click the pic of my laptop device with the yellow warning triangle, there is no option to disable anything ??

thanks again.

Rumi

Read post #15 again and disable it.

TerryNet

Terry
I plucked up courage and ran regedit, I could follow the path down as far as parameters, but there wa nothing called "Disabled Components"
The part "(probably have to add the parameter--DWORD type)" can be confusing, or maybe you overlooked it. Here is another quote I just found from How To Properly Disable IPv6:

"First, click on the Start Button and type in regedit and hit Enter.

Then, navigate through HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SYSTEM, CurrentControlSet, services, TCPIP6 and Parameters. Right click on Parameters and select New and then DWORD (32-bit) Value. Name the new value DisabledComponents and hit Enter. Now right click on the new DisabledComponents value you just created and select Modify. Set the value of DisabledComponents to FF and click OK."

rumi

The part "(probably have to add the parameter--DWORD type)" can be confusing, or maybe you overlooked it. Here is another quote I just found from How To Properly Disable IPv6:

"First, click on the Start Button and type in regedit and hit Enter.

Then, navigate through HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SYSTEM, CurrentControlSet, services, TCPIP6 and Parameters. Right click on Parameters and select New and then DWORD (32-bit) Value. Name the new value DisabledComponents and hit Enter. Now right click on the new DisabledComponents value you just created and select Modify. Set the value of DisabledComponents to FF and click OK."
Thanks but I've uninstalled the Teredo Adaptors from device manager, warning sign has gone, system hasn't crashed yet. Fingers crossed ??

rumi

Thanks everyone who gave input to this problem, uninstalling the Teredo Adaptors doesn't seem to have had any adverse effects, so I guess thats one less thing to worry about.

Hope you are all having great Virtual Festive season online :)

Thanks, Rumi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online