1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Torrents

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by spoonthumb, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. spoonthumb

spoonthumb Thread Starter

Hi guys and gals.
    Happy Easter to you all.
    I have had quite a few problems in the past, so much so that i recently re-installed Windows starting from scratch.
    What i want to know is:-
    1/ Is there any way of retrieving data i moved to my second hard drive even though i deleted the partition?
    2/ Is there a safe way of downloading torrent files so that i don't have the same problems?
    Thanks.
    Spoonthumb.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Most recovery software will find files on some deleted partitions.

What problem did you have with torrents? If you are downloading illegal software and getting infected as a result, I'm afraid we can't help you with that.

3. spoonthumb

spoonthumb Thread Starter

I've not known of any direct infections from any Torrents but i know that they are often laced with viruses by those lovely people who seem to think messing up my computer is somehow going to upset Bill Gates and not me. I know its a dangerous way to get things but there is a particular document i couldn't find anywhere else. What is the safest way to download it and do the programs (like Bit Torrent) scan the contents while or before they download them?

4. jack03

jack03

1/ Is there any way of retrieving data i moved to my second hard drive even though i deleted the partition?
    Ans: You can try data recovery software which can be utilized for searching and restoring Windows XP/NT/2000/2003 and Windows XP media center 2005 Edition corrupted, damaged, deleted partitions, files or folders. You just need to search on Google for the software.

2/ Is there a safe way of downloading torrent files so that i don't have the same problems?
    Ans: You can download the torrent files from the site snapfiles .com/get/bitpump.html. This is safe and you'll not have any problems.

5. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/560124

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice