1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Toshiba A100 Keyboard Spill

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sidrick, Oct 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sidrick

sidrick Thread Starter

Hi,

I have a problem. I spilled wine all over my roommates Toshiba keyboard. Its an A100 and since I broke it, I bought it and she got a Dell. Now, I own this damaged laptop and I am finding the only problem with it is the keyboard doesn't work. I can surf the net, download anything I want, make music on fruity loops, listen to mp3's and even watch dvds. The only thing I can't do is type using the keyboard.

Does anyone know if there is a way to take the keyboard off and clean out the (now probably dried up) wine under it?

Or is there a certain model of keyboard I can buy to plug into the laptop through one of its usb ports or something?

I am fairly knowledgeable on regular computers, but I know nothing about laptops....help!!

2. ChRoNo16

ChRoNo16

You can have a shop replace the keyboard in it, or you can buy a new one from the manufacturer and have a brand new laptop!

other than that I suppose you can buy a USB keyboard, but Im the kinda person who would replace that one with an origional and keep the mobility of the laptop alive!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/637733

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice