1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Toshiba A135 2nd card slot, no memory recongnition

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DIYtechchick, Jul 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DIYtechchick

DIYtechchick Thread Starter

I have a Toshiba A135 S7404 running Windows Vista Home Basic, the max memory upgrade is 2X2GB which I purchased via newegg.com and installed. When I turned it on, black screen and no boot up. Basically it will only reconize one 2GB of memory, doesn't matter what slot as long as it is only one. I tested both memory chips both work in the computer and in either card slot, just not both chips in both card slots. What the heck?????? Even stumped the Geek Squad guy at Best Buy, he seemed to think it the mother board issue. It runs much better on the 2GB then it did with the 512MB, cha. Computer should be able to run both 2GB card in each slot and reconize about 3.25 to 3.65 of the memory, if it would run both cards at the same time. ** I did upgrade the BIOS from 1.6 to 1.9 as most of the blogs suggested-still won't recognize the 2nd 2GB card.

2. daz1

daz1 Banned

cant find your lappy on toshiba site , same thing happened with me and was the bios update i needed so re check its the correct update
    have you tried 1x2gb and 1x what you took out??

3. daz1

daz1 Banned

4. DIYtechchick

DIYtechchick Thread Starter

My Toshiba Satellite A135 S7404: I had a 512MB that it originally came with. I did try the 2GB and the 512MB at the same time, computer wouldn't boot up and that, it should have recognized. Looking for the fix, but not holding my breath. Not bad for a 2nd hand free computer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/939718