1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Toshiba A300-16C, XP Drivers

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Scott_Rowan, Aug 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Scott_Rowan

Scott_Rowan Thread Starter

Hi,

My friend bought a Toshiba A300-16C from our work (PCWorld) but we want to get rid of Vista as its a good machine but the OS is piss and slowing it down lol.

So I have a WinXP Pro disc and I know I just delete the partitions then reinstall XP etc.

The only thing that worries me is that I looked on the Toshiba website for XP drivers and they only had "Vista and OS Independant".

Does anyone know if we will be able to get the drivers for this model, aka will we be able to use XP on it?

Thanks,

Scott Rowan

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    If it can't run Vista why the **** is PC World selling it with Vista loaded ?

I suggest you ask around PC World, you might find someone who knows something about this, probably be a customer though.

3. Scott_Rowan

:S

It does run Vista, its XP were gonna be downgrading it too, and its when we downgrade it to XP we mean will we be able to get XP drivers to work with it.. Cause ive not seen any on the Toshiba website.

And I work in there, yeh its a ****** shop but believe me, there are a select few who dont take the piss and do know there stuff.

4. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    :) ok I believe you, I was the one taking the p!ss, I'll be good now.

There's a real possibility XP drivers don't exist for that model, if Toshiba don't have them you will have to find them from the maker's of the hardware, like sound, network etc. which of course means finding out what hardware is in there.
    In Vista go to Device Management and note down what sound, network and display are called (click the + sign to see) then search for XP drivers with Google etc.
    A good place to look is http://www.driverguide.com/ you have to register but it's free, they may not have much if this laptop is very new though.

You could try a Vista/XP dual boot, if you can't get the XP drivers you would still have a working Vista, if you got a Vista disk with it then you could re-install Vista with that if needed.

Hopefully someone who knows more about that particular laptop will post, if you post the details of the hardware we could help you look for drivers.

Good luck with it, I'll try my best to help.

5. Scott_Rowan

Lol sorry for snapping, I just know what you mean, I work with alot of arseholes who know **** all and its sad seeing them pass on **** information for profit.

Anyways yeh I made a recovery CD and while I was in the middle of attempting to install XP yesterday teh battery cut out (typical) so I just stuck the recoverys in and that put it all back to square one for him...

As for the stuff.. if I remember right it was:

ATI Radeon HD3200

http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/cgi-bin/ToshibaCSG/download_drivers_bios.jsp?service=UK

Cant remember the rest, is there a site I can go on that tells you them all. The toshiba site just calls them sound drivers etc, anywhere I can see the legit name while my m8 is at work I cant get a hold of the laptop.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/742375

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice