Toshiba Black Screen and Cursor after Startup

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

yoyo13

Hey, my Toshiba Satelite Laptop has been having this problem for around a day now, I've tried everything to online to fix it, it would turn on shows "Windows Loading Files" and then it would take me to a black screen with only the cursor visible, i can move it around, but none of the keys on the keyboard respond at all, I've tried restarting, I've tried pressing all the F keys none of them worked, ran a system repair but I left it for over 10 hours and it was still "searching for problems".
Please if anyone has any help or a solution to this problem please help me out.
Thank you.

Welcome to TSG yoyo13! First we need to know the "Exact Model" of your system? What version is your Windows 7? Is you mouse and keyboard PS/2 or USB. I reread your post and noted that you tried to run a system repair. You must have the Windows Disk. I suggest that you Run a Repair Install NO Data will be lost in the process. But we still need to know the above information.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts