Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

connatherton

Connor
I have a Toshiba Satellite C50D-A-13G laptop. I have had it for around 2 years and recently the battery life has started depleting but the last couple of weeks the screen wouldnt come on with power up every so often then the other day i turned it on and it wouldn't boot and kept saying "preparing automatic repair" so i left it till 3 days ago to cool off and when i went to turn it on the screen wouldn't come on and hasn't come on ever since... i need to turn it on to try and boot it and get the data off it if thats not possible does anyone have any ideas as to how to get the data off the hard drive i have holiday pictures etc and i want to get them off so they aren't lost forever.

...does anyone have any ideas as to how to get the data off the hard drive...
One of the simplest ways to do it would be removing the hard drive from the laptop, and using an enclosure like this so you can treat it like an external USB HDD. That way, you could connect it to another PC and, presupposing the drive isn't damaged, browse the files and copy over what you want.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online