1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Toshiba C655D-S5084 Powers On But Has Black Screen

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Numbers, Jul 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Numbers

Numbers Thread Starter

First Name:
    Toby
    Hi everyone!

My friend has a Toshiba C655D-S5084 that she gave to me to look at to see if I could fix it. Whenever you power it on the indicator lights shine but however it seems the screen doesn't want to turn on. I've troubleshooted the computer by doing all I know. Such as removing the battery and draining the excess life in the computer, cleaning the RAM cartilages (also checked to see if it were by chance the RAM themselves), and as far as to dissembling the computer to see if the flex cables had by chance came unhooked. Everything seems to be hooked up and wired just fine. Just no screen display. The fan will turn on after several minutes of the computer idling.

Hope we can work things out!

Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Why did you mark it solved? You won't get any help.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!