1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Toshiba DLP TV

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by Moble Man, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Moble Man

Moble Man Thread Starter

I have a Toshiba DLP tv that is 5 years old. I beleive that the lanmp blow out on it today as I heard a pop or crack sound then the screen went black. The model number is 62HM95. My question is has anyone ever replaced one of these bulbs before and where did you get the lamp from?

Thanks in advance

MM

2. new tech guy

new tech guy

If i understand those TVs right i beleive all that thing is back there is a standard light bulb. However, if not replaced properly you could effect color calibration. I would say your safeest bet is to let a pro fix it. But if you are a DIY person you probably could look up a dissasembly guide on the net to replace the thing. Toshiba may even have their own guide for it.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

4. new tech guy

new tech guy

I was just stating the safe way John just incase to minimize the chance of breaking somthing, although my sources have said it can just be replaced with a regular light bulb.

5. JohnWill

I really doubt you can replace that lamp with a regular bulb!

6. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    Why not look in your manual for instructions to change the bulb. I would bet it's a diy issue. If you " lost " the manual for your unknown to us model # you can get it here....

http://www.tacp.toshiba.com/customersupport/

7. JohnWill

8. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    I hate it when I do that.... :eek:

9. JohnWill

I hate it when I do it too, and I've done it plenty! :D

I wonder if the original poster ever found out if the lamp was bad?

10. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    Well I'm guessing he made his one and only post here and that's all we'll see of him.

What get's me is.. don't most people keep their manuals and if they do why don't they look at 'em? ( don't answer cuz I already know ;) )

11. JohnWill

Gee, and I was itching to answer the manual question! :D

12. new tech guy

new tech guy

Prob just read our posts here and took off, i kinda feel stupid though for mentioning a tech. I knew a family member had one and said they were nothing to change but didnt know due to the fact i never atcually owned one. Still have a good ol CRT in the living room which is a sony to be exact and that thing just wont die. :D.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752135

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice