1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Toshiba Docking Station ??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AsheJoe, Oct 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AsheJoe

AsheJoe Thread Starter

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience using a Non-Toshiba supplied "docking station" on a Toshiba consumer grade "Satellite" laptop ?

I had purchased one of Toshiba's PA3575U-1PRP dynadock U Universal USB Docking Stations, but found the video performance so bad that I returned it. Even non-movie type applications, such as loading web pages, were excruciatingly slow, choppy and painful. And yes, my Toshiba laptop is up to the task being a late model with Dual Centrino Core 2 processor / 2-GB RAM / 7200RPM drive / 128-MB of shared video.

I see where both Belkin and Kennington offer similar units. (Note, on the NewEgg site the Kennsington model is also rated as being very poor in video response as well !!) There may be others ?

What has been your experience and your recommendation ??

Ideally, I want to be able to connect my Toshiba laptop with a single cable and not have to mess around screwing in the monitor cable, along with plugging in the PS2 plugs for the mouse and keyboard. Something you have to do if you simply rely on just a USB port extender.

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/866896

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice