1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Toshiba EA60-155 Laptop[ showing Check System then press F1

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by magaloo, Jul 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. magaloo

magaloo Thread Starter

Hi Can any one help me, I have a toshiba ea60-155 laptop. It has developed a problem, when booting it momentarily shows the toshiba logo screen then after a second or two comes up with "check system then press F1". I cannot get into bios, even F1 doesn`t respond, pressing ctrl alt del doesn`t do anything either.
    Can anyone please advise me as to what may be the cause.
    Thanks

2. BenTechMac

BenTechMac

Hello,

Is that all it says "Check System then Press F1"

Do it not mention anything else?

Try pressing and holding down the Escape Key as you switch on the laptop until you see the F1 message.

Does F1 work then?

3. magaloo

magaloo Thread Starter

Hi Ben
    Thanx for getting back to me.
    Yes I tried what you suggested, I guess the escape key supposed to reset the bios, but still same.
    Thats all it says "Check system-then press F1"
    I have no idea what is up with it, if the memory module where faulty or not seen in bios, could this cause the error ?.

4. 2000wolf

2000wolf Banned

i am not sure, it might cause the error

5. BenTechMac

BenTechMac

Have you tried upgrading the RAM?

These are its limits:
    You can upgrade the memory to max. 1024 MB and one slot is available because this unit has 256 MB internal memory.

These memory modules are compatible:

PC2700 256MB (PA3311U-1M25)
    PC2700 512MB (PA3312U-1M51)
    PC2700 1024MB (PA3313U-1M1G)

6. magaloo

magaloo Thread Starter

Hi Ben,
    Thanks for the prompt advice, I wasn`t sure if it had internal ram or not as i got it with external 512 included, so that has answered one question, that it is not the external ram at fault as I removed it and still the same, I originally thought it might have been the ext ram as it was showing the same error and was not sure whether it would show this error if no ram was installed. I know you get a contant beep on a normal pc motherboard, but was not sure with a laptop.
    I guess it`s time for a trip to a laptop hospital or maybe an upgrade to a new dual cpu one.

Can you also thank wolf 2000 for responding back to me.

Regards

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/934805