Toshiba External Hard drive not opening

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

natalieh0934

I'm having some trouble getting my toshiba external hard drive to show itself on anything other than the Disk Management on my PC running Windows 10 (I think). It isn't showing up in the File Folders and I can't figure out how to open it, but it says it's working fine. I've tried turning the computer off and on again, unplugging and replugging the driver back in (it makes a lovely sound to let me know I've plugged it in), and I've tried updating the driver. Other websites have suggested renaming the driver with a letter so it shows up, but the instructions to do that aren't following what I'm seeing. It's like my computer does not have the option to change the letter of the drive. I also uninstalled the driver and tried updating it, and it says its up to date.

Here is the info on the computer.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 18362, Installed 20200402214949.000000-420
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 142 Stepping 10, CPU Count: 8
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 236 GB (1 GB Free);
Motherboard: Microsoft Corporation Surface Pro 6, s/n A78427144467833A
System: Microsoft Corporation, ver MSFT - 0, s/n 007630583453
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Thank you for your time, help, and knowledge!

plodr

Liz
You need to remove the solved label. With that showing lots won't bother reading the thread.

Post a picture of what Disk Management shows.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online